This year for Giving Tuesday, we are once again giving back – no strings attached. As we come to the end of an exceptionally challenging year, we wanted to take a moment; to pause and reflect, and to honor the road we’ve been on, and look forward to the road ahead.
It’s clear to us that we’d be nowhere without YOU - our wonderful customers. Your support has meant so much to us, and because of it, we are able to continue to give back in ways that truly matter. As such, in honor of Giving Tuesday, we chose a charity that is helping to fight one of our most basic needs - hunger. Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, and we are proud to have made a donation to provide 50,000 meals to help end hunger in America. Here are some facts around hunger, and where our donation will be going:
- In the United States, 1 in 9 people struggle with hunger.
- Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, unemployment has soared, and food insecurity is on the rise. In 2020 more than 54 million people, including 18 million children, may face hunger because of the coronavirus.
- Many households that experience food insecurity do not qualify for federal nutrition programs and need to rely on their local food banks and other hunger relief organizations for support.
- For 40 years, Feeding America has responded to the hunger crisis in America by providing food to people in need through a nationwide network of food banks.
- America has more than enough food to feed yet, each year, 72 billion pounds of food goes to waste while 54 million people may struggle with hunger in 2020.
Want to help us fight hunger the Giving Tuesday and provide meals for those in need? You can join us in donating to Feeding America here.